Monday, December 10, 2012

Friend

Lord, I still remember YS.

I was in a desperate situation.

I was very worried, almost devoid of hope.

I didn't know what to do.

I would have had to walk many kilometres to reach my home.

I was very little. I wasn't sure whether it could be done.

I needed a few coins for the bus fare. But I possessed not any.

There he was, YS. He said, "hey sup."

I said, "Hey YS, are you going home?"

YS, "Yeah."

Then I asked, "do you have any coins? Could I borrow some coins for the bus fare?"

YS, "Sorry I do not have any"

I, "..."

YS, "Well, I'll go home and grab it for you."

I, "Really? ... Thanks man"

YS left.

Then a waiting game.

10 minutes passed.

12 minutes passed.

15 minutes passed.

Is he really coming back? Well, he might not have had any coins at home, hmm...

Probably when 17 minutes passed. I saw his figure from afar.

He was running.

He was running to get to where I was to give me a few coins that I desperately needed to get home by bus.

He was like a messiah figure then.

I was saved from the ordeal of walking many kilometres by the road with no safe pavement.

I was in despair, yet now I found a saviour, "so to speak."

YS, always had a smile. Very peculiar smile. But very likable smile. Many classmates liked him. From what I can remember he was always smiling. He may have had braces then. Me thinks, he also had some freckles as well.
He was tall. He was the number 4 when the class roll was called.

I was 9 back then.



No comments:

Post a Comment