Tuesday, December 11, 2012

How We Change

This is a topic that I like and want to talk about most often.

I like growth.

I like seeing my own bamboo plant on my desk grow.

I like trees and birds singing on the trees.

Well, how do we grow? How do we change?

What are the ingredients for our growth?

If trees receive light, water and nutrients to grow,

how do people grow spiritually?

I believe spiritual growth occurs primarily through love.

Acts of love is the most powerful motivation for our behavioural change.

Love moves us.

Love frees us.

Love speaks to our souls

Love gives us new energy

Love is unselfish

Love is sacrificial

Love looks to the interests of others

Love forgives

Now if I had a friend with all of the qualities of love, a friend with pure love, would I ever refuse his requests?

No, most likely not (because even his requests would be unselfish and look to my interest and my good).

Would I learn a thing or two from a friend with pure love?

Quite likely, I would unknowingly learn from him a lot of things,

the way he talks kindly to people around him,

the way he is generous to others,

the way he behaves around people and when alone,

and the way he sacrificially supports people around him for their good.

Yeah, I know at least one person exactly like that.

And I am his friend,

Yeah, he is my friend.

His name is Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment