Monday, December 10, 2012

Paradigm Shift 2

I thought that churches were of God.

Yes, that is true but the churches may actually hinder the work of God.

The Church is made of people who put their trust in Jesus for their salvation and holiness.

But the truth is within a church building, it is highly likely that not every person in the building did exactly that!

Additionally, the church buildings are actually man-made. The way they look is not actually God's design as revealed in the Bible.

No. No design is more holy, moral or superior than others, given that the Bible does not talk about the design of church buildings.

We can be creative. We are to create just as God made us in His image.

God is creative. Therefore we are also creative, taking after our God.

So, there is freedom within appropriate limits.

God is free. Therefore I can be free. I am free by His grace.

But why don't I feel free?

It's not God's fault.

It is likely that it's man's fault.

We judge each other.

Though God said,

Judge not.

Matthew 7:1

Paul said he doesn't even judge himself.

1 Corinthians 4:3

The statement of Jesus and that of Paul do not mean we can therefore live like the devil, and still not be judged.

They do, however, mean we need to stop our judgemental attitude to others, believing I am better than him, her or them because I do certain things or don't do certain things.

Or I'm superior to them because I don't judge them.

Both parties err.

It means I don't know everything. I need to be humble. I need to listen.

I need to understand before I judge anyone.

And when I judge, the judgement is in the spirit of kindness and love.

The judgement comes from the concern and worry we have for the other person.

We judge and we talk to each other, and see whether we can narrow the gap of misunderstanding, if there is one.

All judgement must lead to love.

All judgement should make us more humble.

All judgement must be preceded by our own self-examination to see whether we're not hypocrites when judging others.


No comments:

Post a Comment