Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Spirits: Are They All Good?

Here's what the Bible has to say about angels, spirits and Satan:

And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:14

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

1 John 4:1

And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home--these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

Jude 1:6

For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;

2 Peter 2:4

Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

1 Corinthians 6:3

Not all angels are good.

There are two types of angels:
  • Angels who love God and follow Him
  • Angels who were foolish enough to follow Satan

Satan himself was one of the angels who was like a worship leader in heaven. But then he idolised himself,

"I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.

I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High."

Isaiah 14:13, 14

That was very foolish of him.

He thought he could beat God.

God is God.

Satan is a fallen angel.

And fallen angels are now called demons or devils who are perennial liars, whispering to us that we are not loved by God.

Don't listen to their lies.

Listen to God.

Listen to Jesus.

I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.

Jeremiah 31:3


No comments:

Post a Comment