Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Praying In A Closet

But when you pray, go into your room (closet in King James Version), close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen.
Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6:6

I prayed in a closet just now.

The old King James Version of the Bible reads, "pray in your closet."

Well, here are the things that I found beneficial about "praying in a closet":

1. It's dark in a closet.
  • You're not as distracted by visual stimuli, and when you close your eyes, it's actually darker and lets you focus on praying.

2. It's quieter in a closet
  • You're not as distracted by the noise around you.

3. It's cramped in a closet
  • You're surrounded by clothes around you, so there is very little your senses would need to be aware of. I think it can actually be quite cosy in a closet.

4. No one is around you to distract you
  • When you disappear into a closet, you're not distracted by other people around you or in the same house.

5. You're in a fetal position
  • Well, for me anyway. I sit down in a cramped place, wrapping my arms around my knees, my head resting on my forearms, and my eyes closed, focusing on prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment