Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Now This Is Eternal Life

Now this is eternal life; that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Jesus, John 17:3

Knowing God is eternal life.
Eternal life is knowing God.

Knowing Jesus is eternal life.
Eternal life is knowing Jesus.

The most interesting subject on the face of the earth is not science, art, language, culture or people.

The most interesting subject on the face of the earth is a person. An individual.

The most interesting person on the face of the earth is you, and me, as paradoxical as that sounds.

Every individual is the most interesting person, especially in the sight of God, in the sight of Jesus, who is the most interesting person we'll ever get to know.

Jesus wants to get to know you and me.

Do you want to get to know Jesus?

Jesus created the science, art, language, culture and people for us to enjoy.

He is the source of all that is good.

He is God.

He is infinite in wisdom, patience, and love.

He is love.

He is eternal life.

When anyone gets to heaven, it is not going to be things that will satisfy us. Although things can satisfy us to some extent.

It's a person, not things, that satisfies most deeply.

Even, the Individual who knows us the most.

Jesus.
Our friendship with Him.
Your friendship with Him.
My friendship with Him.

That will fill the hole in your heart and mine.

Because the hole was God-sized to begin with.

I may have tried to fill that hole with money, sex, power, possessions, prestige, alcohol, drugs and fame. But to no avail.

I am a person.
You are a person.

I am an individual with my own desires, dreams, wants, hope and wishes.
You are an individual with your own desires, dreams, wants, hope and wishes.

We need a person, an individual, with whom we can identify.

Jesus is a Person.
Jesus is an Individual.

Actually, Jesus is the Person, the Individual, every longing and thirsting heart has been looking for.


By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me--a prayer to the God of my life.

Psalm 42:8

Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God.

Psalm 43:4

Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.

Psalm 63:3

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!

Psalm 34:8

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment